1 3/4 gallons water
36 ounces quick-cooking grits
2 teaspoons salt
1 pound eggs (about 9 total)
36 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
1 pound margarine
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon paprika
1. Bring water to a brisk boil in a steam-jacketed kettle.
2. Stir in grits quickly with wire whip. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 5-7 minutes or until thickened.
3. Stir a small amount of cooked grits into eggs. Add to remainder of grits in kettle, stirring constantly.
4. Add cheese, margarine, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce to grits. Cook over low heat until cheese is melted. Scale into three greased 12x10x2-inch pans, 6 lb per pan.
5. Sprinkle paprika lightly over grits. Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes or until top is set and slightly puffed. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
6. To serve, cut 4x4.
Yield: 3 pans 12x10x2 inches