Easy Recipe Finder

Recipe Feeder
This stew will feed a small army so you may want to recruit a few friends to help out with the cooking and eating. I have always cooked this in a cast iron wash pot over an open fire but would probably be faster if a few things were cooked beforehand. Use your own judgement. If you are fortunate enough to have leftover stew, after feeding said army, put in freezer bags and use later. Being a true Son of the South, I have tried every Brunswick Stew known to man and this one is the best IMHO.
As a side note, I do recommend cooking the Pork, Chicken and Lima Beans beforehand .
So, give yourself plenty of time as this will be an all day event. But is well worth the effort involved.

3 5# Chickens & Broth ( cook and chop) * 7.5 #
7# fresh Pork (cook and chop) * 3.5#
4# Okra ( optional)
4 cups Lima Beans ( cooked) * 2 cups
2 gal Tomatoes * 1 gal
#3 onions ( chopped) *1.5 #
5 unpeeled Lemons ( cut into pieces) * 2.5
3 sticks Butter ( cut into cubes) * 1.5
1 lg bottle Catsup * 1/2 bottle
1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar * 1/4 cup
3 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce * 1.5 tsp
2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce * 1 tblsp
1 lg bottle Heinz 57 sauce * 1/2 bottle
1/2 cup Honey ( wait until done and taste, then add more if needed) *1/4
1/2 gal cream style Corn * 1/4 gal
1/2 gal whole kernal Corn * 1/4 gal

Boil Chicken in water to cover. Save broth & use in mix. Bone and cut into cubes
Boil Pork in water to cover ( do NOT use broth) I use a fresh ham or picnic ham ( bone, cut up and drain)

Mix all ingredients, except the corn, with the broth in a large pot and cook. Add corn, simmer until rich and thick. water can be added if too thick.

Salt and Pepper is optional Taste before adding at end of cooking.

As with any soup or stew, this is even better reheated the next day. Reheat slowly for 2 hours or so.

* = half

There you have it. The best Brunswick Stew on God's green earth. I hope you enjoy it. :)