• salt and pepper to taste

• rosemary

• thyme

• shiitaki mushrooms sliced

• garlic cloves sliced

• white wine

• fresh minced parsley
Thoughts:
Yum, the chicken soaked while I was at work in lemon juice, rosemary and thyme. Then cooked with white wine and shiitaki mushrooms. It had a very strong lemon taste to the chicken but not in a bad way. The lemon tenderized the chicken making it very juicy and moist and the blend of the spices worked well with the acidic juice. The only thing I would change in the recipe was that it had you cook the mushrooms garlic in olive oil and then cook again in white wine and lemon. The lemon over powered the earthy taste of the mushroom and I would not have mixed it with the wine and lemon. A simple alteration to this scrumptious dish.

Broccoli, Mushroom and Pepper Saute

Prep Time:

• 10 minutes
Cook Time:

• 8 - 10 minutes
Ingredients:

• Broccoli florets
  • Vinegar
  • EVOO
  • Garlic crushed
  • mushrooms sliced
  • yellow pepper diced
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • fresh basil minced
  • whole wheat pasta
  • Parmesan cheese
I also made a side dish from the book. I've been having trouble meeting my 3 servings of vegitables a day...not any more. This was an easy recipe that didn't take much time to prep and cook. I used a yellow bell pepper, broccoli, shiitaki mushrooms, garlic and basil. I tossed this over whole wheat pasta that had EVOO and a light sprinkle of Parmesan. I loved the simplicity of the flavors and the colors of the vegetables were pleasing to the eye. You an serve this with or without pasta.