Easy Recipe Finder

Recipe Feeder
This recipe of pot roast is full of flavor from the delicious crust.

Ingredients:

* 1 (2-4 pound) boneless beef roast. Get the amount you think will feed your family. You can also save left overs for a delicious paleo lunch.

* Fresh garlic, around 5 cloves. Crush them with the side of your knife to get them out of the covering.

* Fresh Thyme and any other herbs you would like to use. I recommend Thyme, Oregano and rosemary.

* Olive oil, an oil from a nut, or flax seed oils are mostly endorsed as paleo. We need enough just to cover the bottom of the skillet. I do not recommend using olive oil because it has a low smoke point. Grape seed oil is a great choice.

* 2 cups chopped onions

* 2 Cups carrots

* 2 Cups Celery

* 1 Fresh Tomato (diced)

Preheat your oven to 350F

The key to this dish is giving the roast an amazing crust. To do this you need to chop up your fresh herbs. I recommend using cracked pepper and a small amount of salt as well.

Mix your herbs and black pepper together. Then cover the meat with this delicious mixture. The goal is to get every inch smothered with the fresh herbs and pepper.

Heat up oil in a cast iron or other skillet. You do not need a lot of oil, just enough to cover the bottom. Heat the pan until it starts to smoke. Right after you see a little smoke; place the roast on the skillet.

Turn the roast until all sides have a delicious brown crust. Then place the roast in whatever cookware you are using. I just use my cast iron skillet for every step.

Put all of your vegetables around the roast. Add 1 cup of water or homemade stock and cover!

Cook at 350F until the roast is tender. You can either wait for medium rare and eat it that way or wait until the beef is so tender it breaks with a fork. I like to cook the roast for a good 2-3 hours on a lower temperature (300F-325F). Also be sure to take the left over juices and cook them down in a sauce pan for a paleo friendly gravy.