3tbs Margarine
3tbs Oil
4tbs Soy Sauce
4tbs Flour
1 Cup Water
Seasonings
2 cups coy milk

~~~
*****THESE ARE ALL JUST GUESSES, WHEN I COOK I JUST THROW IT ALL TOGETHER.

*I substituted the 2lbs faux ground meat for 8 frozen Boca Burger patties.

*The vegetables I used for this recipe included: 2 med onions, 2 carrots, 4 celery stalks, 1 large green bell pepper and about a cup of sliced mushrooms.

Instructions:
-----------------------------------------------------

Preheat oven to 350. First, boil potatoes and frozen corn (separately, duh!). While potatoes and corn are boiling, pan-fry faux meat using soy sauce. Layer faux meat in large casserole dish (about 10x18), set aside. Also pan-fry the vegetables and set aside (Not in the casserole dish, yet!) In a small bowl add flour and water and whisk til blended. Pour into pan and bring to light boil, scraping up the 'pan drippings', add soy sauce. When at a nice gravy consistency, pour over meat substitute and mix around. Layer vegetables over faux meat and gravy. Strain corn when done and layer over vegetables. Strain and mash potatoes using margarine, soy milk and seasoning. Layer mashed potatoes over corn. Bake at 350 for about an hour.

Additional comments:
-----------------------------------------------------

If desired one could add in a package of tofu to the meat substitute and cook together. Also, if desired one could also use peas with or instead of corn. If there is such thing as vegan cheese, add that toward the last 15min til golden brown.

Back