FOR CREME ANGLAISE
1 pint heavy cream
6 ounces liquid or frozen whole egg yolk
8 large California Fresh Eggs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons banana Liqueur
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/3 cup Banana Cream ANGLAISE
1. FOR CREME ANGLAISE:
2. Beat egg yolks with sugar and salt until blended.
3. Rapidly stir egg yolk/sugar mixture into scalded cream.
4. Place in top of double boiler and stir over boiling water until mixture coats spoon.
5. Remove from heat and cool.
6. Stir in banana liqueur. Refrigerate.
7. FOR BANANA CREME ANGLAISE:
For each serving: Melt butter in sauté pan.
8. Peel bananas and slice in half lengthwise.
9. Place bananas in pan and sauté until warm and slightly softened.
10. Pour banana creme ANGLAISE on serving plate. Arrange bananas on top.
Notes: Banana desserts are popular again! This twist on banana pudding combines ripe banana sautéed lightly and served in a pool of silky creme ANGLAISE.