WOW all your family and friends this Easter with this tasty caramel and
chocolate concoction that takes very little time to prepare and cook.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
1 1/2 cups plain flour, sifted
1/3 cup caster sugar
80g butter, chopped
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp cold water
500g mini solid Easter eggs
1 cup shredded coconut
395g can sweetened condensed milk
* Preheat oven to 180C.
* Grease a 3cm-deep, 16cm x 26cm (base) slab pan.
* Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang on
all four sides.
* Combine flour, sugar and butter in a food processor. Process until
mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
* Add egg yolk and 2 tablespoons of cold water.
* Process until mixture almost comes together.
* Using clean hands, press mixture into base of pan. Bake for 15
minutes or until light golden.
* Set aside to cool.
* Unwrap Easter eggs. Place eggs over slice base to cover. Sprinkle
* Drizzle condensed milk over the slice.
* Bake for 28 to 30 minutes, or until edges are deep golden and centre
is firm to touch.
* Allow slice to cool completely in pan.
* Cut into pieces and serve.
* NOTE: Try using a combination of solid milk chocolate and solid white
chocolate Easter eggs or brand varieties such as Violet Crumble or Cherry
Ripe mini eggs.