3 Egg yolks, hard-boiled
1 1/2 pounds Unsalted butter
11 ounces Powdered sugar
1/2 fluid ounce Vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
4 1/2 ounces Almond or hazelnut flour
26 ounces Pastry flour (1 lb. 10 oz.)
Yield: 71 ounces
1. Press the egg yolks through a sieve using a plastic pastry scraper. Set aside.
2. Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter. Add the powdered sugar, combining well.
3. Add the vanilla, salt and almond or hazelnut flour, then the sieved egg yolks, and mix until combined.
4. Add all of the pastry flour and mix on low speed just until combined. Do not overmix.
5. Wrap the dough in plastic and chill for several hours or overnight.
6. When ready to use, roll out the chilled dough on a lightly floured board. The dough may be crumbly and difficult to work with, which is normal. Simply press the dough back together with your fingertips.
7. Makes 7 Tart Shells, 8 inches each
or 46 tartlet shells, 2 1/2 inches each
Total dough weight: 4 pounds 7 ounces