2 eggs, whole
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon herbes de provence
cayenne pepper, to taste
4 ounces wine vinegar or cider vinegar
24 ounces salad oil
3 ounces lemon juice
1. Place the eggs in the bowl of a mixer and whip at high speed until frothy.
2. Add the dry ingredients and approximately 1 ounce (30 grams) of vinegar to the eggs; whip to combine.
3. While whipping at high speed, begin adding the oil very slowly until an emulsion forms.
4. Add the remaining oil in a slow, steady stream. Occasionally thin the dressing by adding a little vinegar and lemon juice. Continue until all the oil, vinegar and lemon juice have been incorporated.
5. Adjust the flavor and consistency.
6. Refrigerate until needed.
Yield: 1 quart (1 liter)