Steak & Egg Bagel
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon creamy dill mustard
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 slice of white onion, quartered
1 14-ounce pkg. Steak-Umm chopped steak (7 steaks)
1 teaspoon butter
ground black pepper
4 plain bagels
8 slices Kraft Singles American cheese
1. First prepare the sauce by combining the mayonnaise with the dill mustard in a small bowl. Set this aside until you are ready to use it.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Separate the onion slices and sauté in the oil until light brown.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat. Break up the sandwich steak into the hot pan and cook until brown. Drain off fat. Add the grilled
onions to the meat and stir.
4. To make the eggs it's best to make one at a time in a small 6-inch skillet. If you have more than one of these small pans, you can save a little time.
5. Beat an egg in a small bowl with a whisk until it is smooth, but not foamy. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the egg. Heat a small 6-inch skillet
over low heat. Add 1/4 teaspoon of butter to the pan. When the butter has melted add the egg to the pan. Swirl the pan so that the egg spreads
evenly. As the egg begins to cook, use a spatula
to pull in a couple of the edges so that raw egg flows from the top onto the hot pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then fold over one of the edges of the
egg using a spoon or fork. Fold it down about an inch. Fold the opposite end over as well. Then fold the remaining two edges over, creating a small
rectangular or square mini-omelet. Flip the little omelet over and turn off the heat.
6. Slice a bagel in half and place it with the faces up on a baking sheet. Grill the faces of the bagel halves in your oven, set on broil, until golden
brown. You may also use a toaster oven for this step, but be sure to place the sliced bagel halves onto a small baking sheet or on aluminum foil.
7. When the bagels are toasted, spread about 1/2 tablespoon of the sauce onto the face of the top bagel half.
8. Place a slice of cheese onto the face of each bagel half.
9. Divide the meat into four portions and stack one portion onto the cheese on the bottom bagel half.
10. Place the finished omelet onto the meat on the bottom half of the sandwich.
11. Finish by flipping the top half of the sandwich over onto the bottom. Heat for 15 seconds in microwave if needed to warm.