Which garden fruits and vegetables does one grow that may survive winter months and regrow in the spring?

dave777

What garden vegetables or fruits can I plant that will survive the winter and regrow in the spring ?

Which garden fruits and vegetables does one grow that may survive winter months and regrow in the spring?

Last edited by a moderator:

Debbie G

What garden vegetables or fruits can I plant that will survive the winter and regrow in the spring ?

Fruit trees regardless of the sort based on your climate.I cant come up with any vegetables that do not need to be re-cultavated every year. Possibly squash.

Frances M

Fruit trees, grape vines, pecan trees. Any plant that reseeds is a annual. You're trying to find perennials, that will return yearly. Berries, onions, garlic, and so on.

Carol H

Tubular plants have to be grown each year (celery, taters). As with peas, beans, tomato vegetables, etc...Reseeding plants are leaf lettuce (normally inadequate). Reseeding 'spices': dill, mint leaves, garlic, thyme, rosemary. Rhubarb are perennials. Berries are perennial: blueberry, strawberry, etc..Fruit trees are perennial - - but review your planting Zone first.