Easy Recipe Finder

Recipe Feeder
couple tabs of butter
2 tbs whole wheat flour
1/2 cup heavy cream, diluted to 1 cup with water
1/2 lb cheese (your choice)
several slivers of onions, green, red pepper
5 green bananas

Peel the GB and place a layer in the bottom of a shallow cass dish. Put a few slivers of onion and pepper on top and then another layer pf GB, layer of onion, pepper. Finally add the cheese on top.

Melt butter in sauce pan add the flour and heat gentle for several minutes, add the diluted cream and stir until it starts to thicken. Pour directly over the the GB in the cass dish and bake at 375 for nearly an hour. What a treat.

My green bananas were precooked in coconut oil, so they came out in the casserole nice & soft & potatoey texture. There is NO sweet banana-y taste about these whatever. I actually just took a coupla spoonfuls of the cooked GBs, added dash of salt, minced onion, grated cheddar & a splash of cream. Nuked it for one minute in the microwave & it thickened up nicely without added flour.

Green Bananas are resistant starch, remember, and not as bad for your BG (I tested 125 an hour after eating - which as usual, is lower than many of my recent fasting readings). But they gotta be rock-hard green & you have to peel 'em with a paring knife. Whenever I find any, I have to cook them immediately when I get them home, or they ripen up too quickly. Then I just have cooked GB in the fridge for whatever.