1 rabbit (2-3 lbs.), cut in pieces
salt and pepper
1/4 cup butter
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, sliced
1 cup meat stock
2/3 cup dry white wine or 1/2 cup water and 1 Tbls. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. ground thyme
2 bay leaves
1 cup dairy sour cream
1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1. Sprinkle rabbit pieces with salt and pepper. Coat with flour.
2. Melt butter in a Dutch oven or flame-proof casserole. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Add rabbit pieces and brown quickly. Remove garlic.
3. Mix stock with wine, thyme, and bay leaves. Add to rabbit.
4. Bake at 350F or simmer about 1 1/2 hours or until rabbit is very tender.
5. Remove rabbit and place on a heated platter. Stir sauce ingredients into broth in pan. Cook and stir just until sauce begins to simmer. Spoon over rabbit.