4 ounces beef marrow
2 14-ounce entrecôtes (400 g each)
salt and pepper, to taste
2 ounces clarified butter
2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
8 ounces red wine
12 ounces demi glace
1 ounce butter
1. Slice the marrow into rounds and poach in salt water for 3 minutes. Drain the marrow and set it aside.
2. Season the steaks and sauté them in the clarified butter to the desired doneness. Finish in the oven if desired. Remove to a platter and hold in a warm place.
3. Sauté the shallots in the same pan.
4. Deglaze the pan with the wine and reduce by half. Add the demi-glace; simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Monter au beurre.
6. Add the marrow to the sauce. Adjust the seasonings and serve the steaks with the sauce.