Yield 3 pounds
* 1 cup light corn syrup
* 1 cup shortening
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
* 2 pounds confectioners' sugar
1. In a large bowl, stir together the shortening and corn syrup. Mix in the salt and vanilla...
This oh-so-cute caterpillar, made by arranging fondant-covered cupcakes in a curved line, makes a memorable arrangement for a baby's first birthday party.
Here, one jumbo cupcake is used for the head, and a dozen standard cupcakes make up the body. The remaining standard cupcakes can be frosted...
4 cups miniature marshmallows
4 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp water
Yellow and orange food coloring
Microwave marshmallows on high for 1 minute, until the marshmallows are puffy and expanded. Stir the marshmallows with a rubber spatula until they are melted and smooth. If some marshmallow pieces...
1lb. brown sugar
2lbs seedless raisins
1/2lb figs (chopped)
1/2lb blanched almonds
1 cup citron peel
1 cup glace cherries
1 tsp, B soda
Juice of one orange and lemon
4 cups flour ( approx)
Cream butter and sugar, beating in eggs...
80 g butter
60 g sugar
1 Tbsp honey
50 g glucose
1 pointe vanilla
100 ml cream fraiche
50 g raisins in rum
80 g walnut-hachée
=Cook 1. till blonde, then add rest. Good topped with vanilla buttercream, then fondant café and a nice walnut
8 ounces Cocoa butter
1 1/2 pounds Powdered sugar, sifted
1 pound Fondant, room temperature
1 pound Glucose or corn syrup
Yield: 4 pounds
1. Melt the cocoa butter over a double boiler until it reaches 90°F (32°C).
2. Place the powdered sugar, fondant and glucose or corn syrup in mixer with the...
22 ounces Fondant (1 lb. 6 oz.)
4 ounces Orange marmalade
1 fluid ounce Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
3 pounds Bittersweet couverture, for coating molds
Yield: 48 Candies
1. In a machine bowl fitted with the paddle attachment combine the fondant, marmalade and liqueur.
2. Coat the molds...
5 1/4 pounds Danish Pastry Dough
3 pounds Pastry Cream (Crème Pâtissière)
1 pound Dried cherries
10 ounces Simple Syrup
1 1/4 pounds Fondant Glaze
8 ounces Toasted almonds
Yield: 42 Pastries
1. Position the cold dough with the seamless side parallel to the edge of the workbench and roll into a...
14 ounces Glucose or corn syrup
19 ounces Fondant (1 lb. 3 oz.)
21 ounces Almonds, sliced, toasted and warm ( 1 lb. 5 oz.)
2 ounces Unsalted butter or cocoa butter
hazelnuts or walnuts fro the almonds.
1. Over medium high heat, bring the glucose or corn syrup to a boil in a heavy saucepan...