watermelon_xo

The recipe on the Lipton's Onion Soup box is really good & easy. Just use that one. throw together some eggs breadcrumbs ketchup soup mix & some meat & your done

Maria

1 lb of ground beef1 pkg of dry onion soup mix1 egg1 or 2 slices of bread torn into small pieces (you can use bread crumbs or oatmeal if you prefer, but don't add too much or your loaf will be dry)ketchup-as much as needed to get the right consistancy. (again, you can use bbq, A1, heinz 57...whatever you like)Mix it with your hands and form into a loaf shape in a roasting pan, or put into a loaf/bread pan. Top with more ketchup and cook for about 1hr at 350 or until internal temp is 160.Later you can try adding minced fresh veggies and other spices or different glazes on the top. The possibilities are endless!

Maria

I make this meatloaf all the time it's really easy and deliciious:http://food.realsimple.com/realsimple/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1166894

Killer Klingon

Meatloaf mix is usually made of ground pork, ground beef and ground veal. A good substitute is ground beef and ground pork. You can add a bit of ground sausage for extra flavor, if you like.Meatloaf2 eggs¾ cup skim milk2 slices bread, cubed¼ cup onion, finely chopped2 tablespoons parsley, chopped1 teaspoon salt½ teaspoon sage1 ½ lbs. lean ground beef¼ cup ketchup2 tablespoons brown sugar1 teaspoon dry mustarddash nutmeg (the secret ingredient!)Combine egg, milk, bread cubes, onion, parsley, salt, sage and dashpepper. Add beef, mix well. Pour into 5 1/2 cup ring mold; unmold ontoshallow baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Combine ketchup,brown sugar, dry mustard and a dash nutmeg. Pour over meatloaf and returnto oven 10 minutes. To microwave: Prepare according to above directions. Cook on High 12 to13 minutes or till done. Pour ketchup mixture over meat loaf and microwavefor a minute or two. Let stand 5 minutes before placing on platter.Categories:Source--Servings/Yield6 servings

Ok I use ground turkey but I also ahve to use less bread crumbs. And the one above me, from better homes and gardens?? use that one.I cna vouch for it!! i have been cooking for over 25 years and that is the one I still go by. (Darn! She /he,stole my answer! lol!) ;)

Tim

This is my favorite recipe. It is really easy to make. It is so good.1 pound ground chuck1 pound lean ground beef2 eggs1 small sweet onion chopped1 large green pepper chopped2 garlic cloves minced2 tbs butter1 tbs olive oil1 cup toasted bread crumbs1/2 cup grated Romano cheese8 oz can tomato sauce1/4 cup ketchup1 tsp salt1 tsp pepperGlaze:2 tbs brown sugar1/2 cup ketchup2 tbs Worchester sauceHeat large saute pan on medium-high heat.Add olive oil and butter. Saute peppers & onions6 minutes, add minced garlic, saute 3 minutes.Season lightly with salt & pepper. Cool in glassbowl to room temperature. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Set eggs out for 10 minutes. In large mixing bowl,add ground sirloin, lean ground beef, bread crumbs,Romano cheese, tomato sauce, ketchup, eggs,sauteed peppers, onions, & garlic. Add salt & pepper,mix ingredients, if mixture seems a bit loose,add more bread crumbs. In a glass 13 x 9 dish, turn mixture into pan, moldto a 3 inches high by 9 inches long shape. Mix glazeingredients in bowl. Spoon on half, spread evenly.Place in oven, bake 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, spread on remaining glaze,return to oven for 10 minutes. Then turn oven tobroil, cook 5 minutes....this will set the glaze with alight caramelized crust.