What is the percentage of having a miscarriage after 12 weeks?

due 852011

I am just wondering I will be 12 weeks on sat. The reason I am asking is because like my mom some of my aunts have had a miscarriage during there 4th month.Thanks for all your answers and just to let yall know I will be 12 weeks on saturday and im trying not to worry because I just have this feeling im going to carry this baby to term.

maxmom

It goes down significantly, but obviously, be very careful given your family history,Percentages have to do with entire populations. Family genetics and tendencies are a whole other thing.It's only 1% after 20 weeks.

Miscarriage in early pregnancy is common. Studies show that about 10 to 20 percent of women who know they are pregnant have a miscarriage some time before 20 weeks of pregnancy; 80 percent of these occur in the first 12 weeks . But the actual rate of miscarriage is even higher since many women have very early miscarriages without ever realizing that they are pregnant. One study that followed women's hormone levels every day to detect very early pregnancy found a total miscarriage rate of 31 percent.

Marisol

I think it is about 95% but you still have to be careful there are other risks later in pregnancy such as placenta previa precampsia, etc. just take care of yourself and follw youfollow orderDr'snd appointments

Miss America

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MiscarriageBut you really can't go by that. Just don't worry. Because honestly..not to scare you at all..there are some mommies that go as far as 24 weeks..and beyond..and end up losing their babies. You just have to believe that everything is going to work out. I worry even though this is my 3rd..but worry isn't going to prevent the inevitable if it's meant to happen. So Congrats..and just enjoy your pregnancy.