I want to do a Moroccan theme for my dining room. Any suggestions? Also for paint color. My kitchen is red.?

Paytons Mommy

My kitchen and dining room wall connect. i wanted to do a mauve/magenta color but it might clash with the red in my kitchen. Any suggestions?? Decorating tips?

I think you can use red with the magenta and pinks, purples and some orange. I would look for fabrics to use that might tie both rooms together for place mats and perhaps chair covers. Lighting could be a really great element to think about as well, look for a vintage chandelier or Moroccan themed lighting fixture... Try Pier 1 imports as well for dishes and other ideas.

Mama

If your kitchen is more of a fire engine red I would not use the magenta or mauve. I have seen orange used in a dining room next to a red kitchen that was a dramatic contrast. You could even choose a red that is a hue more orange or a hue more violet than the red in the kitchen for a complimentary nieghboring color. If you are using a lot of dark tones on the walls with the dark Moroccon woods use lots of mood lighting because the dark tones will absorb a lot of light. Sconces, candles, candelabra, spots and even track lighting.

Rachel

Try painting the walls a rich golden yellow. Accents could be a deep magenta; maybe your window covering could also be magenta, with bulky gold ropes for tie backs.