Are High-Fructose corn syrup studies using accurate, truthful methods?

Mama

I am specifically talking about this one http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201 but I have the same problem with most of studies on the subject. It seems that all the news outlets only report the outcome of studies and not the specifics on how the study was performed! As a skeptic this makes my job ten times harder to find reliable information and furthermore it is impossible to answer the counter chargers below! I was able to find the corn industry's response to these high fructose corn syrup studies on their website: http://www.cornsugar.com/questions/ and it is listed below...If corn sugar is really just like cane or beet sugar, why are so many studies suggesting that it is not?Recent studies that have examined pure fructose have been inappropriately applied to high fructose corn syrup. Not only does high fructose corn syrup always contain glucose which is missing from pure fructose, but the studies that cause confusion examined artificially high levels of pure fructose not found either in high fructose corn syrup or in any normal diet."Fructose has become the new trans fat. Consumers are trying to avoid it, especially in the form of high-fructose corn syrup. That’s an unfortunate name because the fructose concentration isn’t high."- Julie Miller Jones, Ph.D., C.N.S., L.N., Professor Emeritus, St Catherine University, Drug Topics, June 29, 2010“Supporting data have been misused when applied to HFCS: they have measured metabolic upsets under extreme conditions, pure fructose versus pure glucose at very high concentrations, conditions not at all reflecting the American diet or even the composition of common sweeteners. The use of toxicological testing principles, as currently applied to fructose and HFCS, is inappropriate for assessing the safety of these dietary macronutrients. No food would be considered safe under such test conditions; indeed, even pure water triggers adverse health effects at high repeat dose levels.”- John S. White, Ph.D., Caloric Sweetener Expert and President, White Technical Research, The Journal of Nutrition, June 2009Please help me prove them right or wrong!true, they may be the less biased source but that's not the point! We need better reporting, only the outcome gets mentioned and not the method used?! How can one refute the heavily marketed corn-industry claim then without the available information!!! This is not acceptable to me, we need to demand better standards for our reporting!

FallenAngel

sciencedaily.com is definitely the better source on neutral high fructose corn syrup study. i wouldn't believe the website at all. everybody knows it isn't good for you, like other processed sugars, but unlike other processed sugars, it's in everything. and that's why people need to be informed of the negative health effects from a reliable source.