Rachel

I have a true passion and interest in nutrition, health, consumer safety, and alternative medicine. I believe that conventional medicine is heavily flawed and does not appreciate the potential that a healthy diet and lifestyle can have on one's health. I also think that Americans are literally poisoning themselves with all of those unhealthy foods (like junk food filled with genetically modified ingredients, high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors and colors, etc), unnecessary prescription drugs (when herbs, diet, and exercise can do the job), and unhealthy lifestyles (using chemical laden personal care products, cooking food in microwaves and teflon pans, getting mercury fillings, etc). I also believe in the healing power of herbs and natural foods.

FallenAngel

Hi Suzy. Your beliefs are an excellent match with Naturopathy. You will need to "wed" your philosophy with hard work, especially in the area of basic sciences (math, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, biology, etc.).You sound motivated, so you can do it. Be sure to choose a fully accredited Naturopathic college after you complete your undergraduate degree. Best wishes and good luck.

Trace

Viewpoint wise, pretty much.Most naturopathic colleges also want students who demonstrate sharp critical thinking and very good observation skills.Beyond that, assuming you want to go to a real accredited naturopath school (and not a mail order degree place which you can't really use), you'll also need to get an undergraduate degree before you apply for admission to a school, and amongst other things demonstrate competence in basic pre med science.If you're seriously interested in pursuing this further, I can give you access to a lot of very good information on the subject since I happen to know a lot of people in the field, along with a lot about one of the main feeder schools for naturopath schools and the best program you can take there etc.Hope that helps, feel free to message me with Qs!

Allie

Bastyr University in Seattle has a great ND school. They also have a Chinese Medicine/Acupuncture degree.Great program... great setting.