What is the point of Jersey shore tv show?

Terry J

i just saw like two episodes of this tv show, and thought that they were completely pointless. SO, i was wondering if there was actually a point to this show.

Maryjane

There isn't one...If you notice most of the MTV "Reality" shows serve no purpose other than to exploit people...

Paytons Mommy

The point of the show is to make money in advertising by gaining viewers, by appealing to a specific type of audience. In this case, the target audience is Italian Americans, as are all the characters on the show.Bada bing, bada boom.

AmandaSue

There is no point. MTV should take a look at why they call themselves MTV and play some music videos like they used to. This is just another useless ridiculous show where people figure out what parts to play and then ham it up for the cameras for their shot at 15 minutes of fame. As long as their are douche bags who think they can get famous from "reality" television, there will be shows like this. As an Italian and NJ resident, I am ashamed that this show would be set to try to show what the shore is like. These people aren't even from here and its not like that! They are an embarrassment to themselves, to NJ and to basically the human race. I watched one episode and had to turn it off because it was so bad. It all distracts away from the fact that MTV only plays bad shows and "reality" tv anymore...not music.