If I have been vaccinated but still catch the chickenpox, am I considered VERY contagious?

KA

18 years old. No other symptoms but the bumps on my back. Doctor said it is likely a "mild case of chickenpox."How likely is it that other people who have been vaccinated will catch it and what will it take for them to contract it?

Liz

The vaccination offers protection, but not 100%. Chances are good that it will be a very mild case. Yes, you are contagious as long as you have any blisters that have not scabbed over or if you are still breaking out with new ones. Chicken pox is very contagious. That's why a vaccine was developed for it.These days, most people have been vaccinated or had the chicken pox, so it's not as likely as it used to be that people will catch it from you.

Jenny

My daughter, who was vaccinated as a baby, contracted chicken pox from her friend, who was never vaccinated. My son, also vaccinated against it, also caught it. My younger son, also vaccinated, did NOT get it. Doc said it was because his vaccine was more recent & stronger.Good luck - I had it as a kid & all that itching is a BUMMER!**********************************My daughter got it by just being in the same room as the other girl. No sneezing, or physical contact.