Welcome to the Recipe-Helpers Community!
A great place to share and discuss recipes, health, dieting, cooking tips/tricks and much more.

Health and Dieting
Secret / Copycat Recipes
Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Request a Recipe

We are a food lovers' Community...
Our community is here because we love food, so don't hesitate to join us now and discover just what so many people are talking about!

YES! I want to register for free right now!

Thread: Which garden fruits and vegetables does one grow that may survive winter months and regrow in the spring?

What garden vegetables or fruits can I plant that will survive the winter and regrow in the spring ?

Which garden fruits and vegetables does one grow that may survive winter months and regrow in the spring?
    Last edited by Cookie; May 10th, 2011 at 06:08 AM.

What garden vegetables or fruits can I plant that will survive the winter and regrow in the spring ?

Fruit trees regardless of the sort based on your climate.I cant come up with any vegetables that do not need to be re-cultavated every year. Possibly squash.
    Last edited by Cookie; May 10th, 2011 at 06:11 AM.

Fruit trees, grape vines, pecan trees. Any plant that reseeds is a annual. You're trying to find perennials, that will return yearly. Berries, onions, garlic, and so on.
    Last edited by Cookie; May 10th, 2011 at 07:05 AM.

Tubular plants have to be grown each year (celery, taters). As with peas, beans, tomato vegetables, etc...Reseeding plants are leaf lettuce (normally inadequate). Reseeding 'spices': dill, mint leaves, garlic, thyme, rosemary. Rhubarb are perennials. Berries are perennial: blueberry, strawberry, etc..Fruit trees are perennial - - but review your planting Zone first.
    Last edited by Cookie; May 10th, 2011 at 07:10 AM.