What are some easy ways to keep clothes from stretching or losing color?

peas in a pod

I live in a dorm with scary high-powered washing machines that are tough... even on the gentlest cycle. Is there anything i can put in the wash that might keep the shape and color of my clothing intact? Any household tips would be great :)errr... no thanks... i'm rather partial to the clothing i already have... thanks anyway...i suppose

Put them in a large cloth bag which you can close with a string...and throw the whole thing in the washer. Or you could lose weight(so the clothes don't stretch) Because washing normally shrinks everything. Losing color. Leave it on the rack in the store and just don't buy it.Simple answers to simple questions.

Don't use hot water. Use cold only. Add 1 cup of white vinegar to the wash cycle to help keep colors fast. It also works as a fabric softener, so you don't have to use any extra fabric softener. (cheaper, too.) Avoid using any bleach products or detergents with bleach products, as they tend to fade clothing and deteriorate the stretch in fabric. These tricks will help things last. Be sure an dry the stretchy things as low as possible in the dryer as high heat deteriorates the spandex and elastic pretty quickly.

Flame

Hmmm.... How about you just buy new clothes or hand wash them! :-D Ooooooooor better yet, ask your mommy! :cool:P.S. You can't be serious kitty? ahahahahahahahaha! omgeezers!