Decorating my Home - Living for the first time on my own?

Meredith

Hello everyone, I am going to be living for the first time on my own ... I am moving out of my parents house and to another country. Egypt, Cairo.I already have an apartment there, 2-bed room and fully furnished including all electrical appliancesI would still need to buy kitchen utilities, blankets, sheets, towels, etcI have so many questions: 1st: I would like to learn to cook.. I have never done anything by myself; we had a maid at home so I don’t know how to do anything. Any cooking tips, what are the basic applicants I should have, how hard is it to cook? 2nd How hard is it going to be to take care of the apartment, any tips? 3rd Any decoration tips/ ideas/ for decorating the place. Any useful websites? Other than IKEA , I have already checked that If you are from Egypt/ any other tips Thanks a lot

liteyesue

Basic tips in cooking take your time and read carefully 1. cooking meat ...never on high 2. over easy eggs....just hot enough to see it turn white and sizzle a little 3. Make sure you have a aloe Vera plant for burnsDecorating1. You will develope a style and best way is to look at magazines or go to a furniture store see how they set up there rooms2. If Parents want to help...... LET them or have a list of what you think you might need3. Living alone please be aware of your surroundings and the people aorund you.4. Know the countries laws Good luck my dear

Sorcha003

1) If you can read, then you can cook. Start simple just things that require a few ingredients only, always follow the recipe until you feel confident to make substitutes. Don't bother buying cooking books - there are great recipes online (free).2) If you ensure that you put things back after you finish with them - your unit will remain tidy. Don't leave things lying around out of place. Clean is a whole other matter however, make sure you do the following things weekly:- change bed sheets, scrub bathrooms (toilets, sinks, basins, showers, baths), kitchen (disinfect benchtops, bins, stove plates, ovens etc,etc) (Wipe benchtops daily to keep clean), vacuum and mop floors, wipe down all tables, dust surfaces (feather duster)Monthly: clean out oven (if pyrolytic run cycle, if not use oven cleaner), scrub oven shelvesQuarterly: wash and windex windows, empty food pantry and kitchen cupboards, wipe and disinfect.3) Decorating tips - Keep it simple and plain. Colours are great, patterns date though, you are best to pick things that are classic looking that won't clash with the next house you move into. Good luck.