ananda

my baby girl who is 8 months old gets up every morning around 3 or 3:30!! why??? she had a large cereal bottle at 9 and she had her dinner at like 6 or 7!! what makes he wake up all the time and what can i do to try and stop it!! when she wakes up she just wants a bottle and then she goes right back to sleep if she hadn't already fell asleep drinking it then!

Mandy

sometimes it happenes once and turns into a habit, my lil sister used to do something similar to that, she'll grow out of it eventually

Sweet Suzy 777

All my children woke up at night until they were 2 years old, no matter what I did. It is nothing unusual. Just get up with them.

hazydaisy

Maybe try not giving her the bottle when she wakes up, she may just be used to it if you keep giving it to her. Try rocking her back to sleep, or let her fall asleep on her own in her crib with you right there. My daughter is 9 months now, and we went through that battle. Now if she wakes up in the middle of the night, I just let her fall back asleep on her own while listening to her through the monitor. Unless she's screaming her head off ofcourse, then I'll go over to comfort her.

rnr767s

Sounds like she just wakes up hungry. It doesnt sound like teething to me. If it was teething she would be very irritable. alot of 12-20 month olds still wake up in the middle of the night just for the heck of it. Good luck.

bubba

Babies just don't come to us and know when they r supposed to eat. but since it has been going on for a long time, try and feed her at the correct times. she might get used to it. if that failes, then talk to your doctor. and if she wakes up at night at 3:30, then try to give her a pacifier and rock her to sleep.if not give her a little snack and put her to sleep.

mannasox

She's most likely hungry. Babies have smaller tummies than we do, so they get hungry more often. Be glad its only once a night and not 3-4 times a night. She'll get over this soon. Try to feed her right before she goes to sleep? You say she has dinner at 6-7. well try feeding her something around 9:30 and I bet she'll sleep later in the night or even the entire night. I always gave my daughter something late at night, right before Bed, so she'd sleep all night.good luck

She may be going through a growth spurt. My son would wake up sometimes when he was younger. When he was teething, eating would usually comfort him and he would go back to sleep. Hope this helps!!

nessaf83

I have a daughter the same age. I'm going through this too. Have you checked to see if her gums are cutting? It may be that she is teething. Signs that she may be teething are Diarrhea, fever. excessive drooling, and trying to put everything in sight in her mouth. You can try to give her Tylenol or buy teething tablets, they sell them in any drug store in the baby isle. If she has gas, constipation or diarrhea, it may be that she is Lactose or is allergic to something she ate. Pay close attention to her symptoms. You'll know whats wrong.

Jaguar

My son is 8 months old now. His teeth finally came in. It's like they came out of no where, but he was teething for a while. He started sleeping through the night when he was two weeks old. Then around 6 months he started waking up at 2. I would feed him or just hold him and he would go right off to sleep. It only leads me to believe that babies that are teething need more nurishment to manage there body developement.

curious_mum

in the afternoon, let her have her nap before 3pm so that at night she be tired and wouldnt wake up. breast feeding is the best solution. u dont have to wake up to make milk.

Angie

ITS NORMAL FOR HER TO DO THAT. ALOT OF BABYS DO SOMETIMES THEY WAKE UP AND JUST WANT TO PLAY. JUST BE GLAD SHE DOESNT HAVE HER NITES AND DAYS MIXED UP, MY OLDEST DAUGHTER DID IT WAS TERRIBLE. SHE WAS UP ALL NITE AND SLEPT DURING THE DAY. SHE WILL GROW OUT OF IT THOUGH.

Jenny

My Daughter did the same thing and it is what there going to do. if you want try chanching her feeding schedule. feed her dinner at 7:30-8 and then a bottle at 9-10. my daughter only woke for a few monthes like that. your baby is just hungry agane