dallas_girlie

I have lots of experience with cooking chicken breasts and I was hoping for tips on the difference in cooking dark meat....i.e. should I cook it longer than breasts?, etc. Thanks!

burrchillies

In my experience, it cooks the same. The only difference would be whether or not you had boneless or boned meat. The bone changes the cooking time slightly, but not a lot.Enjoy!

MILF

I would agree that it takes a little longer to cook than white meat. It's also a little more difficult to tell when it's done because of the color, except to check for clear juices or use a thermometer.

Common_Sense2

remove the skin, all the slime, and the fat. it should be cooked a little longer than breasts depending on the size. i like toseason, saute, and smother mine in cream of mushroom soup and let them simmer until tender with some onions, a pinch of dried thyme, and chopped green pepper.

Mikey

Try a paella with the dark meat, Awsome!! Or pot pie, or an indian curry and mango chicken salad

cops_wife07

Dear Dallas, ok when cooking light and dark meat i know this sounds a little gross but the dark meat should be cooked longer because that is where most of the blood is contained in that particullar fowels body. light meat will cook faster ie...breast good luck