1 teaspoon red pepper
3 tablespoons bacon drippings
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 bunch celery, chopped (5 stalks)
2 bell peppers, chopped
1# ground beef
2# hot bulk sausage
2 cups rice, cooked

Cook gizzards & liver in water to which the seasonings have been added. Boil 20-30 mins. till tender. Grind & set aside. Retain the broth. In a large dutch oven (preferably iron), saute the chopped vegetables in the bacon drippings till golden brown. In a separate pot, brown the ground beef, and sausage. Remove the excess grease. Mix in the pot with the vegetables, the gizzards, livers, meat & sausage. Simmer slowly about 15 minutes. Add 4 cups of the broth & cook slowly, uncovered, about an hour. If it becomes too thick, add additional broth. This mixture freezes very well at this point. Simply thaw before proceeding. Prepare 2 cups uncooked rice your favorite way. When done, mix with the meat mixture. This is better if prepared several hours before serving so that the rice absorbs the meat flavor. Bake in a covered dish at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes. Overheating does not hurt the flavor. If you prefer a less meaty dish, add more rice.

Note: I use fresh sausage and remove the casings. Hard to find bulk. I also use my heavy gauge roaster pan to cook & simmer & bake.

Hope you enjoy this. It's well worth the effort.