Easy Recipe Finder

Recipe Feeder
Ingredients:

6 eggs
1 cup flour - either use the bread flour of your choice, or, if you use an AP flour, add one TBS wheat gluten
(I use 1 cup white wheat plus 1 TBS wheat gluten)
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla

5 TBS butter

Method:
preheat oven to 450º
place either a 10" cast iron skillet or a 10" pie pan in the oven to get hot.
(I have only ever used a cast iron skillet, but I have heard you can use a pie pan)
While the oven is heating,
1. beat the eggs in a medium sized bowl
2. add flour, vanilla, cinnamon and milk, beat until ingredients are wel blended. the batter will be thin.
3. carefully, (like, use potholders to take the hot pan out of the oven, okay! :eek:), remove the hot skillet and put the butter in the pan. swirl it all around so the sides and bottom are well coated, and the butter is completely melted.
4. pour the batter in the pan. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until it is all puffed up and golden. Don't worry if it rises unevenly, this is normal, and little bubbles and such are a part of the rustic charm. ;)
It will puff up like a soufflé and look gorgeous, but it will fall rapidly once it is out of the oven, i.e., serve immediately. Slide it onto a serving platter, and cut into wedges. Serve with one of the following toppings:

toppings and variations:
Sometimes I sprinkle a few raisins in the batter that I've soaked in rum.
It is also often cooked either with some sliced apples, or served with an apple pie type filling on top.
traditionally, it is served sprinkled with lemon juice, and liberally dusted with powered sugar, but whatever YOU like on pancakes will be good.
Some people like it with maple syrup or honey.
I personally prefer it with some fruit conserves on top.
You can make a really attractive and delicious presentation and make it fancy for a company brunch with any kind of fresh fruit - (or canned fruit) - whipped cream is good, too :)