How do I deal with anxiety during a pregnancy following a miscarriage?

Mom

I had a miscarriage 4 months ago and am now 6 weeks pregnant. I have a son and that pregnancy went perfectly so I know reasonably that I can and probably will have a healthy pregnancy. However, I can't stop the anxious feeling that I will lose this baby too. I have been having really traumatic dreams that I am having a miscarriage. I feel like if I can't get this anxiety out of my head that I may actually cause myself to have a miscarriage. Any help would be appreciated.

RE

You honestly just have to put it out of your mind. If you can't you may need counseling. I am going through the same thing. I had 3 miscarriages and am now 33 weeks pregnant. If I allowed myself to stress all this while I would already be crazy.

Dana1173

I know how you feel. I had a miscarriage and 2 months later i found out i was pregnant again. I know until you hit that 12 week mark you are going to be anxious, try maybe taking a warm bath with some lavender scented bath gel before you go to bed to relax your body and maybe it will help you sleep better. When you wake up from one of those dreams, just take a few deep breaths, and i know it sounds kinda wierd but i used to touch my tummy (well the lil bump that was there) alot just to remind myself that i was blessed enough to get pregnant again and it would make me wonder what this baby would look like, what gender, what name i would give and eventually my anxious feeling would go away. I really hope this helps