How long before hcg levels drop to undetectable after miscarriage?

Jenny

Before my Mirena expelled I was cramping. Within a week I had something that looked like a miscarriage come out. That was the first week of December. I tested positive Jan 3 and the 13th but my levels are almost undetectable. Just wondering if the positive result could have been residual from a possible miscarriage?

girl

it could be. i had a miscarriage last year and my levels were still so high after a week i was still having morning sickness. i opted to have a DNC because i was tired of feeling sick and knowing my baby was gone. you might want to talk to a doctor and see if you have had a miscarriage so they can properly treat you

Bailey Twins

Just to be sure you had a miscarriage and aren't actually pregnant, you should call your doctor and make an appointment. It depends how far along you were when you miscarried as to how long it will take for the pregnancy hormones to be completely out of your system. I was 3 months when I had a D&C and I had morning sickness for almost 2 months afterward.

NiColeB

I had a miscarriage Dec 31st at 7 1/2 weeks pregnant and Friday Jan 9 th my HCG was 23 or 24. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was still positive. You should probably see your DR if you had a Mriena and tested positive (any day) on a pregnancy test.