How long do I have to wait to take a pregnancy test?

mistress d

I had sex on August 23rd, and then started my period two days later. Then I had sex on August 31st. We used a condom both times. My stomach has been hurting and whatnot though, so I want to take a pregnancy test just to sooth any worries I have. Since I just recently had my period, do I have to wait all the way up until I am about to start again/have a late period to check? My periods are usually irregular though, so there is no telling how long that will be. So even though I am not due for another period for awhile, can I go ahead and use a pregnancy test, and it still get a a result? Or, if I am pregnant, would it not show a positive result until I am closer to my period?To the person who said I am too young, I am actually 20.

Mom

you should wait about a week , considering you just had your period your body releases hormones and that sometimes can give a pregnancy test false readings, and also if you wait longer like a few days before you should have your period there is a better more accurate reading.

mobildik

After 3 days and it will tell you your results.I bled for 3 months before i knew i was preg.So dont let the bleeding fool you.It did me.You can go to the dollar general if you have one in your town and get a preg. test for 1.00 and it actually works good.Many people i know that has had kids used them and they work.Hope you get what you want .

mitchelled65706

Home pregnancy tests are usually reliable 4 weeks after you had sex last, or 4 weeks after a missed period. Are you worried about becoming pregnant? If so you need to look at birth control a lot more effective than a condom. The pill, cervical Cap, diaphragm, spermicidal jelly. there are many children running around because a condom was ineffective in preventing pregnancy.

A home pregnancy test is only accurate when taken at the time your period is due. Since you had your period on Aug 23rd, a pregnancy test won't even tell you anything until around September 23rd. It's far too early.But it's unlikely that you're pregnant since you used a condom and had sex just after your period ended. Maybe just a stomach bug.If you don't get your period by the end of this month, then you can take a home pregnancy test. If you take the test too early, like now, then it's going to say "negative" no matter what.

miss_jsg

If your period is so irregular, you should wait at least 3 weeks from the first day of your last period, which looks like Sept 15th before you take a pregnancy test, although it would be more accurate to wait until you would have missed, Sept 23rd (based on a 28 day cycle). Make sure you get an early pregnancy test when you do it.Are you sure you didn't eat something bad? Food poisoning? Just checking.

Mom

Hi Sweetie,I did the Same thing u did, jumped the gun over stress, which'll prolong r period & wasted all kinds o' $ on prego tests! Best u just down calm rself down, & back 2 reality, did the comdomn break, fall off, etc? U can have a "First Resonse" from drug store nowif u like, but trust me r wasting r $. However if it'll settle r state o' mind plse do so! 48 hr.Best o' Luck, my friend,LOL, Diana DP.S. 1st pee a.m.