I want to paint my kitchen cupboards, what paint should i use Any tips please?

LaDy In ReD

home depot sell cabinet paint looks great looks as if you have put new ones in comes In a variety of colors use a roller and small paint brush

Maryjane

an interior enamel. it's safest to go with oil based paint because that will cover anything. if they are really banged up or bumpy i would suggest sanding them a little and applying a coat of primer.

FallenAngel

Newer water-based latex paints or sufficiently durable. Avoid Home Depot and get a good, quality paint from a real paint store.

xxBabygirlxx

It's pretty important to use a primer coat, particularly if they have not been painted before. It will seal the wood, and allow your new paint to cover well. Otherwise, it may take many, many coats of paint to get the coverage you want. It's also important to sand them before you put on your primer coat. You don't have to do a lot, just go over them once, enough to slighly roughen the surface, with maybe about a 150-200 grit.After you've primed and sealed the surface, get a paint that is designated for kitchen and bath. It should have a hard, gloss surface, one that can be cleaned easily and will repel rather than absorb. Any home improvement store such as Lowes or Home Depot carry them, and they can be tinted to any color you like, even custom colors offered by other paint brands.

FIRST; They need to be cleaned of any cooking grease or residue. Use Tri-Sodium-Phosphate (T.S.P.) in water.You'll need to prime them. "Kilz" works excellent. A good GLOSSY oil based or enamel paint will work well. apply a minimum of two thin coats (more if neccesary) letting dry to a fairy tacky consistencybetween coats.

what the current finishes coz you can't paint over formica or laminates. If you have paint finsh, you may need to strip it back to the subtrate before apply undercoat. Use satin finish arcylic which is air permeable. Gloss finsh show the subtrate blemishes & flat is dull looking. satin looks good & keep well with kitchen cooking oil.

AmandaSue

you can use the color dark green or dark blue. you can use the cold colors in their dark state so that it makes you comfortable in your own kitchen.

Tamra

You do not give any explanations.. SO.. I will have to guess..Theynow have a gloss or semi-gloss oil base paint.SO.. you should first use a KILZ primer .. THIS IS A MUST.. Then choose the paint youwant.. I would suggest a semi-gloss latex paint and use that AFTER you have primed the cabinets and lete the primer dry for at least a day... For painting the cabinets, I always prefer taking the doors to a professional and having them spray painted but if you did not want to do that.. you can do it(probably not as well) with a very good, fine paint brush

BabyMama

Clean very well with TSP and possibly mineral spirits, if your cabinets have a waxy or oily buildup. Prime with a shellac-based primer. Then you can paint with a simple latex satin-finish or semi-gloss paint.You can find more detailed step by step instructions for painting cabinets at:http://www.how-to-faux-finish.com/painting-cabinets.htmlGood luck