Easy Recipe Finder

Recipe Feeder
A great favorite of mine for when I have a bunch of people as it doubles easily and freezes well – just leave out the pasta. If you have a vegetarian in the group, serve the meatballs on the side. As this recipe is not rocket science I add more of some things, less of others.

1 lg. can tomatoes, cut up
2 C shredded cabbage
2 C zucchini, sliced
1 lg. Can whole kernel corn
1 C celery, sliced
1/2 C onion, chopped
1/2 C pasta/egg noodles (as needed)
1/2 C red wine (dry)
2 Tbsp snipped parsley
1-1/4 Tsp Instant beef bouillon granules (optional)
1 Tsp. Dried oregano, crushed
1/8 Tsp. Garlic powder
1 Beaten Egg
1/4 C Milk
1/3 C Fine dry bread crumbs
1 Tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Lb. Ground beef
or 1/2 lb. each ground beef & ground pork
Grated parmesan cheese

In Dutch oven combined undrained tomatoes, cabbage, zucchini, undrained corn, celery, onion, red wine, parsley, instant beef bouillon granules, oregano, basil, garlic powder, 4 cups water, 3/4 Tsp. Salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the egg, milk, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tsp. salt, and dash pepper. Add ground beef (or beef & pork); mix well. Shape into 36 tiny balls.

TIP - the easiest way to make meatballs consistent in size is to flatten the meat mixture out into a large rectangular cake pan and then cut the meat into sections - you can either roll them up that way or cook them in little squares.

In a skillet, brown the meatballs, shaking the pan often to keep balls rounded. Drain off excess fat. Alternatively, bake them while preparing the rest of the soup.

Add meatballs to soup. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add pasta to soup and cook until pasta tender. (or you can add cooked pasta to each bowl rather than over cook the pasta).

Add a can or two of red kidney beans to the soup at the end of the cooking process.

Serve with Parmesan to sprinkle atop.