These taste like little sponge cakes. This is a recipe originally from Arm & Hammer.
2 1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 level teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup shortening
1 cup white granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
2 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 400...
This British little classic is one of my favourite cakes, it's a very light spongy cake with is best filled with jam and with icing sugar covering the top.
The method is just as simple but it will require you to use scales as having the same weight of ingredients is key to this cake working...
Yield: 8 Servings
* 1 To 2 small pound or sponge Cake - two days old
* 3/4 c Raspberry jam
* 2 Half pints whipping cream
* 3/4 c Cream sherry (use a good one
* 1 10 oz package frozen raspber Thawed and drained
* 2 Recipes of custard (below) Chocolate...
6 ea Egg, separated 1 c Sugar
1 c Flour 1/3 ts Cream of tartar
1 ts Vanilla 1 ea Lemon, grated rind of
1/4 ts Salt
Sift the flour 4 times. Beat yolks of eggs until light and thick. Gradually
add 1/2 of the sugar, the lemon rind and vanilla. Beat the whites until
stiff and add the...
6 Egg whites
6 1/2 ounces Granulated sugar
6 Egg yolks
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
2 ounces Cocoa powder, sifted
Yield: 3 Rounds
1. Using a mixer fitted with the whip attachment, beat the egg whites to soft peaks. Add the sugar and continue whipping to stiff peaks.
2. In a separate bowl, whip...
6 ounces Cake flour, sifted
11 ounces Granulated sugar
1/4 fluid ounce Vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons Cream of tartar
Yield: 2 Rounds
9. To remove the cakes from their pans, run a thin metal spatula around the edge of each pan. When the cake is completely cool, it can be frosted or...
Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce (Custard mixture only)
Notes: Here is an example
1. Cut the basic sponge cake, especially any trimming left from other uses, into cubes.
2. Place the cake in a rectangular mold and top with the flan mixture and...