Easy Recipe Finder

Recipe Feeder
1 large rotisserie chicken (grocery store cooked)

4 stalks celery
½ onion chopped
¼ green pepper chopped
fresh green beans, approx 2 cups
carrots
2 qrts chicken broth
Heavy cream
Xanthum gum

Chop and combine all of the veggies into a large stock pot cover with chicken broth and simmer till tender. Add salt pepper, basil, thyme. I then added the cut up chicken and more chicken broth if needed. After I finished the biscuit batter I then added heavy cream and a very small amount of xanthum gum. The xanthum gum was added as such, ¼ tsp added to a ½ cup of cold chicken broth, stirred and then about half of that was added to the chicken and veggies. Xanthum gum goes a long way so be careful here or you will get a slimmy messy on your hands.

Biscuits, Carbquick biscuit mix

I eye balled this so the amounts are a guess, but it is easily put together.

2 cups of carbquick low carb biscuit mix. I then stirred in approx 8 oz of seltzer water, the batter was holding together but quite moist and sticky. I then added a ¼ cup of melted coconut oil and stirred just until the coating was uniform and could be handled quite easily.

I poured the chicken and veggies into a shallow baking dish. I then patted out by hand small palm sized biscuits and laid on top completely covering the top. I sprinkled a very light layer of mixed Mexican cheese shreds on top. Baked at 450 for about 15-20 minutes. Not sure of the carb count, but it was pretty low. It was a wonderful comfort food. Like eating a bowl of good chicken soup with a 2 handfuls of ritz crackers in it.