How do I clean the inside of my stove top?

mishmallow8

Hello,Every time I cook there is something burning from the inside of the stove top. The smoke comes out from all four of the coils....I have no idea what it could be...Besides buying a new stove, are there any tips or suggestions on how I can trouble shoot this problem? How do I get to theP.S. When I say "stove top" I mean the top area of the stove, inside the coils. NOT the oven where you cook a turkey, (Missy)....

firephiter2000

take out the burners (Make sure they're COLD) and lift up on the front of the cooktop. It'll raise up and you can clean under there, then put it all back together.

John

You don't say what type of stove it is--electric or gas. Most likely how have something that fell under the oven top and you will find if and remove it; or your stove is dirty and causeing it. However, I would recommend that you look under it NOW.Not to scare you, but smoke coming from all four burners is a bit unusual. With a gas stove you could have a small leak that is burning some insulation as you use it. With an electric stove, it could be burning connectors. Both of these are serious problems. If you do not find anything under the top that is causing the smoke, then DO NOT use it and have someone come out and take a look at it.So please, do it NOW>