i need to know if there r any tips or hints to sprayhing oil base paint on kitchen cabs?

Amber

Oh boy, you can tell I'm only half awake. I thought I saw a question about spraying paint on king crabs, and I thought, "That's cruel! Poor crabs!" Haha. At least your kitchen cabinets won't walk away while you're trying to paint them.

Lightly sand to create a surface the paint will adhere to properly. Also make sure you are applying oil paint over oil paint or it will pop right off.

JAngel

oil based stain or paint?you'll want to thin it with the proper thinning agent depending on the base ( or what is recommended to clean up ),stains are pretty thin that they usually do not need thinning, make sure for stain you have the finest nozzle, use a HLVP or automotive spray gun ( I have 5 types of guns, HLVP Auto, HLVP vacuum, HLVP touch up, a touch up and a air brush ), low air pressure to avoid bounce back, all but one 2 of my gun were brought at Harbor Freight and tools and are a good value for the money, also with oil based you need a at least a 6 -15 CFM compressor to keep up for HLVP work, and maybe 30 pounds of pressure, and as oil/ water separator is a must for any oil work as well as maybe a drying agent in the mix to speed up cure times between coatsyou also want shut off all pilots and open all windows to ventilate, or risk and explosion due to the vapor ( more so an issue with lacquer based finishes ), it also helps if you can mask off area and then make a tight plastic tunnel area of the kitchen area only with one vent going outside and that is fan assisted, this keeps airborne particles contained to the kitchen only and the flow outwards to the outside of the house

xxBabygirlxx

NOT IN THE HOUSE.....and make sure they are sanded first and that the existing surface is not latex.......or you will have to strip them. IDEA: why not simply buy new doors and necessary fascia pieces.....cheaper than new cabs and none of the headache you face with your "project"

Paytons Mommy

uh oh. Please do a hidden test area first. Many of the cabinet manufacturers use a catalyzed varnish that is also baked on. Not so sure it will agree with your oil based paint or not. You don't want to get that orange peel effect, bubbling or peeling off. So, before you attempt anything, do a real good sanding and remove all the finish and then test a hidden piece. Perhaps a toe kick or back of door or drawer, or pull out you range, refrigerator, to find a hidden spot. Anything just to test it to make sure.