Carrie

I've been a stay at home mom for a little over two years now. We have one child and sometimes I'm overwhelmed by the housework. I cook dinner and have a neat looking home. But if you inspected it closely it's not that great, I'll admit. What is a good weekly cleaning schedule? Or any housework tips?Thank you so much!BTW hubby helps a lot but I don't want him to have to do as much as he does. :)

rosabearr

Try this for sizeI live in family of 6 people total 5 girls/1 male that not counting when I go my love house who lives with his mom/her boyfriend. Plus there uncle who goes into the house to access the refrigerator My mom stay home helps out with the babyI get stuck with mess all day long along with complaining.Every monday & thursday is wash dayEvery Tuesday is Cleaning up the kitchen/bathroom/Vacum the carpet. Mop the floorEvery Wednesday,Thursday, Friday - Light picking up stuff around the house

puffin

Hello home mom,I also have the same problem with you, sometime I think 24 hours a day and 2 hands are not enough to do the housework. Now I try to write down What To Do List everyday. I also write down little things that I wanted to do so I dont forget.This is example how I do it:Today WTD:1. Cooking a. Salad b. Beef Stroganoff etc2. Laundry a. Clothes in the bin b. Blue table cloth in the living room etc3. Clean a. Main bedroom toiletetc....This list not only help me keep the house tidy but also for other housework. Now I even have the time to do little gardening ;)))By doing small things everyday, at the end of the week I dont have too much things to clean (to do). I always try to avoid having to do housework like cleaning etc at week-end other then cooking (I love to cook big every week-end for my hubby).Writing down this WTD list also help me organise my time so I can have more time looking after my baby and keep my house clean and tidy. With my hubby's job, he doesn't have much time at home (he flies minimum 4 days a week), so I tried my best so he can come home to rest and relax with us (me and our baby). But offcourse I still leave the cars for him to clean...heheheheh... You are so lucky you're hubby helps a lot ;)) and its very thoughtful of you wanting him not to have to do as much as he does. Okay, I hope my tips can help you ;)viva home moms!

Laundry expert

I am also a stay at home Mom. I've been at it for eleven years.It is normal to feel overwhelmed with so much to do all the time. When I feel very tired and overwhelmed I take the day off and go out to eat so I can refocus the next day. The day you are taking off go out and buy a weekly planner. Plan what you are going to do the whole week. When you feel overwhelmed with so much start room by room cleaning them top to bottom. One room a day. After the rooms are done clean out drawers and closets. After the whole house is cleaned you are ready for a normal weekley schedule. Sit down at the end of the week and plan for the next week and write it in your planner.Monday-laundry and dustingTuesday- ironing and vacuumingWednesday- bathroomsThursday-moppingFriday-shoppingSaturday-Straighting and odd jobsSunday- off (go to churchAt the start of every day make sure you go thru the house and pick upthings and put them away. After each meal do the dishes. When you have a load of laundry to do. Do it don't let it pile up. If you have odd jobs to do, plan them in your schedule for that week. Not every week you are not going to do the same. Have variety every day. When you get overwhelmed again start with cleaning room to room. Only clean it when it is dirty or disorganized. Don't overly clean. Try to keep the clutter to a minumum.

st399

Here are some articles with easy organizing and cleaning ideas that might help you:http://www.ehow.com/how_4519044_clean-out-closets.htmlhttp://www.ehow.com/how_4519378_keep-entryway-clean.htmlhttp://www.ehow.com/how_4519030_keep-house-clean-have-cats.htmlhttp://www.ehow.com/how_4519245_deodorize-a-room.html