Where to find a description of the autism spectrum?

Ean

I am a studying children's clinical psychologist and am the personal assistant to a prominent Dr. that specializes in the PDD (pervasive developmental disorder) spectrum. I do group therapy sessions for children that have PDDs. Autism is a part of the PDD spectrum. Firstly, no one should ever make this judgment unless they have had the years of schooling and fully know the subject matter (i.e. a psychologist or psychiatrist). So you should see one in order to better answer your question. Even a professional online, shouldn't be trusted as a reliable source. There are behavioral cues, cognitive testing, and personal questions that will guide you to an answer that need to be assessed one-on-one.As it is a spectrum their are many encompassing aspects that overlap with other pervasive developmental disorders, which comprise the larger spectrum the PDD spectrum. There aren't simple "stops" as you put it. There are overlapping and extremely variating points of interest. It takes a great deal of experience and study to truly understand the spectrum. However, the quick help you want can be found here @ http://www.autismspeaks.org/navigating/index.php?WT.svl=Top_NavThis is a valid and helpful source. And describes that common separate diagnoses on the spectrum. I wish you the best!