How can I keep my ceramic cook stove top looking nice?

Maria

It came with some goo to to clean it with, but I don't think you're supposed to use it every day. I wiped it with a dish rag last night and it looks streaky. Any tips?

barbowork

There are specialty cleaners that you can get at discount stores. They aren't expensive and they last a long time. The one I like the best is kind of thick and looks a little like Elmer's glue when it comes out of the bottle. You only have to use a little but be sure to use enough. You will understand when you use it the first time. I use it a couple of times a week. I don't think it would hurt the cook top to use it as often as you need to. Windex and cleaners with ammonia tend to streak when I try to use them.

beachboudeccea

I have found that the product I use to clean my copper bottom cookware, Barkeepers Helper (in the dish detergent section @ the grocery store) is safe & effective on my ceramic cooktop. You can buy polish but for shine and no streaks, a product like Windex All Surface works great. However the dish rag maybe working against you. Try paper towels instead.

Blondie1925

how about trying this, sprinkle baking soda on a damp sponge and use as a scouring agent . for grease stains, dampen spot with water cover with baking soda. Remove with damp towel.