What is the process for getting Birth Control at a pregnancy clinic?

Mom

I don't have a regular doctor and I am still on my parents insurance, so they would find out. I just want to go to a pregnancy clinic/family planning center and get birth control. I'm 17 and I live in Pennsylvania. From my understanding, birth control would be confidential between me and my doctor, correct?

Mom

not necessarily. your parents will get the insurance bill so they will see it. just tell your mom your cramps are getting really bad and your flow is getting ridiculously heavy. tell her you want birth control to lessen the pain and make the amount of blood more manageable. that's what i did and i got it no problem. its common knowledge that BC helps with that kind of stuff and some people really do go on it for only those reasons. to get BC you would have to get a papsmear and lab work done. you would get the prescription right away and they would call you with the results of the lab work after a few days. you fill out the normal paperwork for the doctor but you would need your parents signature for the insurance. plus you may need to try a few different pills before you find one that agrees with your system. some might get you sick while others may not. its a process but its worth it in the long run. hope that helped! :) Good luck!