What vitamins and supplements can help you to combat fatigue and feel more energetic?

Paytons Mommy

I've taken B12 but still feel a bit lethargic at the moment. What other vitamins or supplements can help you to feel more energetic?Mister - I'm a competitive dancer and routinely get at least 2 hours of exercise a day when I'm well. I'm an incredibly healthy eater, and am currently slightly underweight. I rarely consume sugar. I do have caffeine, but I try to not overdo it.

JAngel

Vitamins will not give you energy, that comes from food. If your constantly lethargic you need to look at your sugar and caffeine intake. As well as other eating habits, you should look at your weight, and do you exercise ?

AmandaSue

Vitamins don't give you energy; that's a myth. Caffeine would do that, but if you always feel tired, you need to start with a physical examination from your doctor.

xxBabygirlxx

There is a big problem with the absorption of B12 and if you are taking it orally - no wonder you don't get any benefits.Only about 10 % of B12 is absorbed into the body when taken orally - 90% is absorbed when injected.B12 must be administrated by injection into the thickest part of the muscle. Ask your doctor or you can do it your self. Not much different from the insulin use. Only the needle is little bigger.There are also a lozenges, that will allow you to melt in your mouth where most of the B-12 is absorbed through your mucous membranes. Or get the spray on formula and do it under you tongue without swallowing. The taste is filth but you'll get use to it. Only this way your body can fully absorb the B12, instead of being destroyed in the stomach.Which is kind of funny, because the stomach is the actual producer of natural B12. Obviously it doesn't like the competition.@The support of other B vitamins plus the folic acid will improve the absorption as well as they love to work together to produce the synergy effect. These ones you can take as normal oral supplement.

Maryjane

My vitamin B12 oral spray tastes very nice and i use it twice a day for autoimmune pernicious anaemia. Far better to take B12 sublingually and this method been proven to be as effective as B12 injections in clinical trials.....the final conclusion in fact was that sublingual may be superior to injections...i second that opinion! :) >>> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9694707Vitamins and minerals that can cause fatigue if low or deficient - iron, magnesium, B12 and folic acid.>>>http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/vitamins-minerals.shtml