Can I spread chickenpox to co-workers if someone in my house has them ?

monkeygirl

My roommate has chickenpox and I am wondering if I can carry them and spread them at work since I've been exposed? I work with parents and think I should let them know if I am contagious.I have already had them as a kid but I read where the virus doesnt show up until like 9 days later, thats when you see the bumps. So am I indirectly carrying pox and spreading it now. Now that my roommate has bumps ???

Jessie

yes ! its more likly for you to get them but you may not be a person who gets them ! Ur just a carrier !

koldsauce12

You can only catch chicken pox once in your life. You probably could pass it on, but most people have caught it already. Let them know, if an adult catches it, I heard it can be really bad.

chardonnayonice

Yes yes yes, everyone who has not been vaccinated or had chicken pox will easily contract it. that can be a health emergency, you need to stay home until you are completely healed.

wannarace928

If you have it you can spread it to others. If you dont have it, you cant spread it. Call a doctor to find out forsure, but I am 99% sure you cant give it to someone unless you have it yourself.

SR BODA

It is contagious.Normally if any one has chickenpox in a family it is most likely that it spreads from one to one