BabyMama

cleaning tips!!?

well fix your bed up and make it and pick up whatever is lying around and making your room dirty and organize your things from your clothes to your toys to your books.and vaccum your bedroom and clean under your bed if you can.

LaDy In ReD

Cleaning tips... .:)?

Ring around the collarDirty neck rings around shirt or blouse collars can be removed by putting shampoo on them. Rub the shampoo in like you were washing your hair. Shampoo is specifically made to remove body oils. A cheap bottle of shampoo kept by the washing machine is handy for all kinds of stains in clothing. Don't forget this trick when you are traveling.Cleaning Scuff MarksUse 3 tbsp. Of TSP (trisodium phosphate) to a gallon of water to clean scuff marks or crayon marks off walls. TSP can be found in the paint department of a hardware store. Wear gloves and do not use on semi-gloss or gloss paint or wood surfaces.Removing Blood from FurnitureUse hydrogen peroxide to remove blood from clothing or furniture. Rub gently.Dusting TipUse paint brushes to dust cracks and hard to reach places in telephones, stereos, etc.Make a ScheduleSet aside a regular short period of time each week for the family to straighten up the house. It teaches good habits to the kids and gives the family a project to do together. Everyone will feel better when the job is done, and might just look forward to the day when they know things are going to be neat and organized.Listen to Books On Tape to Help You CleanHaving trouble finding time to read these days? You can rent great books on tape from the library to listen to while you're cleaning and doing chores. It helps to pass the time, keeps you working a little longer and lets you catch up on those mysteries you've been wanting to read.Removing Candle Wax from WallsCandle wax can be removed from walls or other surfaces with an iron and facial tissue. Set the tissue over the wax and gently iron. When the wax seeps through or the tissue begins to brown, apply a new tissue.Cleaning ChromeClub soda or seltzer water will clean chrome.Removing Blood StainsCorn starch can remove blood stains. Rinse the stain in cold water, then rub in moistened cornstarch. Place the item in the sun.Removing GumGum can be removed using ice to harden and a dull knife to remove.Removing Magic Marker InkHair spray will remove magic-marker ink from surfaces.Cleaning Window ScreensNylon covered sponges are great for cleaning window screens.Removing Smoke OdorPlace a bowl of vinegar out to absorb smoke odor.Unstick That DoorCar wax applied to a sticking door will ease opening and closing.Repairing Cigarette Burns in CarpetsCigarette burns in carpeting can be repaired by cutting the blackened fibers from the hole. Squeeze liquid glue into the hole and fill with fibers trimmed from carpet remnants.Repairing Small Holes in Window ScreensClear nail polish will repair small holes in window screens.Killing FliesHair spray will kill flies.Window Painting TipNewspaper strips when wetted can be used around windows when painting, in place of masking tape. Remove strips before they dry out.Drying Out Wet Magazines or BooksPlace paper towels on both sides of a wet page to absorb the moisture and prevent wrinkling.

AmandaSue

There are different tips for different things. But the best cleaning agent overall, for the actual purpose of cleaning and for the environment, is vinegar.

Mandy

I have a daily cleaning routine... That I follow... It works pretty well and my house is tidy if I ever have a "pop-in" which I detest... I wipe my bathroom/kitchen daily in the AM with antibacterial wipes and I clean the mirror... It freshens up the bathroom and if you have unexpected company all you have to do is swirl some cleaner in the toilet and VIOLA you are DONE.. I then do a deep clean- every week.. In total 2 minutes everyday saves me 1/2 hour in deep cleaning. In the kitchen I do the wipedown and I load the dishwasher nightly.. So, when I get up there's no mess.. I then make breakfast for the kids and reload and wipe down the counters. Every Sun. I clean out the fridge of old contents since Mon. is garbage day... I sweep daily and mop 1x a week.I run the dishwasher about every other night... I run it on time delay so it runs at 3 or 4am while everyone is sleeping and the water is heated for no reason.. This saves money on our electric/gas bill...I vacuum EVERYDAY.... It makes the house look and feel fresh and it keeps dust/dirt/debris down.... I also vacuum my furniture weekly! Get a tune-up on your vacuum at least once a yr. It will run and clean better.. I give the showe a wipe down while I'm waiting for my conditioner... Since a warm, wet shower is easier to clean... I simply use cheap shampoo and a small sponge and wipe down the tub/tile... I don't get my clothing wet and it looks and smells nice when Im done... I make my bed daily... I remove clutter... I throw out junk mail immediately.... good luck

sam

You may find it hard to fit in 2 hours of cleaning weekly, but 15-20 min everyday isn't so bad.Mon.---Vacuum and dust living room/dining roomTue----denWed.---study and foyerThurs---KitchenFri---. everyone does their own bedroomSat---utility,bathrooms,outside porches.You may not have the same rooms that I do, but you get the picture. I do this in the morning before work, I know it's hard with time crunches, but that works best with our family, everyone knows we don't leave until the work is done, so I get help sometimes.Keep your cleaning supplies in a handy plastic bucket. Button a small plastic shopping bag through your pants to put small trash in, that way it's always with you.Wear a extra large old shirt over your outfit,so you will still look fresh when the cleanings done. Then throw in the wash on Sat when cleaning the utility room. Our basement,workroom or play room really just get cleaned about once a month since they are need more straightening up than cleaning.The rule of no weekend fun until the room is clean, usually means things are in order before school on Fri mornings.

LaDy In ReD

Cleaning tips???

This is my problem too. My daughter is 2 1/2 too. She will clean up her toys at her grandmas' homes but not ours. I put toy bins in front of her and let her play basketball putting the toys away. I give her the feather duster and let her go around the house dusting whatever she can reach. She likes playing with the swiffer too. She really doesn't help all that much but, oh well.

Mandy

Cleaning tips???

I have the opposite problem, I can't seem to clean because my 17 month old like to help, she is quick to pick up on things and she knows when I do dishes that the silverware gets put away and so she grabs a handful and starts randomly throwing it the drawer. It is cute, but kind of a pain too, I don't want to get angry with her because she is being good, but prolonging my workload. I think all moms feel like you do occasionally, the housework can wait a day or two! Take a break, and clean throughout the day, when your kiddo goes to bed you can tidy up the toys and things then. You can put on some dancing music and start cleaning and if you really get into and dance to the music while you clean you can show your daughter that it can be fun, she may be more inclined to help then.

Mama

Cleaning tips???

Singing helps. We have several clean up songs that my 2.5 y.o. kows. making it a game sometimes helps. i.e. "can you put away all the blue thiings..." or "how many toys can you pick up before mom counts to 10?" Get her a dust cloth, toy broom, etc... and let her "help" you clean.we have a rule at our house that we have to put away one toy before we get out another, so we have room to play with the next toy.

Cleaning tips???

Make a game of it. My two year old loves to clean, too. I give her a damp sponge and she wipes the refridgerator or the stove. She helps me push the broom or the mop. And we have a contest to see who can get the toys in the toybox.

Tamra

Good tips for cleaning?

put things back as soon as you finish with them. when cleaning, attach a plastic garbage bag to your belt so you can throw things away and continue to clean faster

Kara

Good tips for cleaning?

Get Organized. Clean Up Your Room In Sections. Start At Your Dresser 1st. Put Up Stuff U Dont Use Every Day. Then Start At Your Closet. Use Containers To Put Your Books And Other Stuff Up. Oranize Your Shoes. Then If You Have Shelves In Your Closet. Put Your Hats And Purses Up There. Then Under Your Bed Clean It Out. Go Through Your Clothes And Make Different Sections 4:jeans,shirts,skirts,and your underwear.

Maryjane

Good tips for cleaning?

Each morning take care of anything out of place, dirty clothes, cups from the kitchen etc...

LaDy In ReD

Good tips for cleaning?

mentally decide to tackle each thing one by one.1. start "from the inside out".meaning, clean inside the drawers, under the bed, and in the closet first.keep a trash bag close to you at all times so you can chuck anything unwanted away.make a little pile of things that are misplaced so when you're finished, you can put them in the right spot.2. then work on things covering the floor and on top of nightstands, the tv, desk, and the dresser, etc.again, chuck away anything you know you will not use and if anything is misplaced, add it to the pile.3. go to the pile of misplaced objects and find a proper spot for them. 4. throw away the trash bag(s).5. dust the tops of dressers, desks, tv, tv screen, computer, window sill, fan, etc.6. windex and wipe the window, computer screen, tv screen, and mirrors.7. vacuum the rug and/or sweep the tile.8. strip bed of comforter, sheets, pillowcases, etc and wash them. then either replace with a different bed set or wait until the current one is done getting washed and dryed and place back on.your room will be spotless, and whoever you live with will be proud. this will most likely take a few hours.i do this every couple of weeks to keep my room clean and organized.listening to music while you do this will keep you from getting too bored and deciding to quit. even make a little playlist of whatever songs you're in the mood for so you don't have to stop and change the song.also, keep a bottle of water with you so you can take a little break once in a while and get something to drink.

xxBabygirlxx

Good tips for cleaning?

first-start by getting rid of EVERYTHING that you really dont need. then get organized. put everything alike in the same spot(all shoes in the closet all books on the shelf all games together...etc..etc) then once you have all things in order get a game plan--when you go into your room every day-------dont just drop stuff all over--------------have a system-put things in the same place all the time and remove all junk immediatly---------oh yeah-dont forget to make your bed every morning and change your sheets on the weekend-good luck----p.s.--no junk drawers-and nothing under the bed-lol

Good tips for cleaning?

Get rid of the clutter. All the things that you have out grown and trash. Move everything out of the room, drawers, closet then start all over again. Clean with regular cleaning supplies and a wet brush, vaccum the carpets and clean the windows. When your moving everything back in make the choice if you really want to pick it up again or if you ever really use it. Then chuck it if you dont.

Paytons Mommy

Good tips for cleaning?

Here is a website that makes cleaning fun, gives you great tips and will even send you daily reminders. hope you enjoy!www.flylady.net