What does having a late miscarriage feel like?

nilleh

Like, what can a woman who is going experience a late miscarriage ( around 14 weeks ) expect to feel physically? If she chooses to pass the products of the pregnancy at home, what can she expect to see?

Crystal D

i had a miscarriage at 16 weeks long it was so pain i was hurt when i lost the baby she will look for to see if you pass the fetus i am sorry for your lost

lmcrawford85

I had a miscarriage on April 10, 2010 at 12-13 weeks (one day longer I would have been 13 weeks). I found out at 6 weeks my baby wasn't growing. They gave me two options 1) I could have a D&C or 2) wait for nature to take its course. I chose to wait and let the miscarriage happen on its own. I was at work when I started spotting and I knew it was beginning. I took a leave on a friday and miscarried that saturday. You will first feel a gush of what feels like water. You have lost the mucus plug when that happens. Its basically like going into labor. It hurts but more emotionally than anything. My back hurt the most. If you choose to miscarry at home be careful if you start to soak through a pad within seconds causing you to have change it every second then go to a hospital. I lost too much blood and became very weak and pale. It took my boyfriend about 20-30 minutes to get me out of the bathroom. You will feel like you have to go number 2 as well but you might not actually go. The last thing that will come out is almost tan like. It looks like flesh. That is the placenta. It will be tan with vain like things on it. The hospital will also give you something for the pain. They gave me morphine but every hospital may be different. If you want to have a service for your baby I recommend putting a bowel on your toilet or going to a hospital they have a cup like thing to put over toilet so that you may have a proper burial. Also be careful because a lot of hospitals have the toilets that automatically flush. Make sure you get the bowel if you want a service. Most hospitals provide a service for you. Make it clear you want your babies remains or they will just throw it out. I hope I have been of some help. And if you need someone to talk to my email is lmcrawford85@yahoo.com