Brother has chickenpox what am I going to do?

sammy

I am at my cousins house and my brother who is at home got chicken pox yesterday. I am returning home next Friday and I have never had chickenpox. Will I be okay or should I still stay away from him?

Alex

Stay away, unless you want to die. Quarantine his room.And DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT make any contact with him.the unique thing about chickenpox is it can be transmitted through sound waves.

Lauren

It really depends on when you left home. Chicken pox is contagious up to two weeks before the spots appear. If you don't notice anything in the next week, you should be fine. His case should be pretty much gone by then or at the least, the spots are scabbed over. At that point he is no longer contagious. Have fun at your cousins!!

Hilary

If you are young, young, youuuung, then you'll be fine. I'm talking like like ten and below. But any older, and you should be very concerned. Adults can easily die from chicken pox. I'm not trying to scare you, just trying to warn you. And teenagers and such can get VERY sick from it, even hospitalized. The nasty thing about chicken pox is the older you are, the worse you will be affected by it.I would definitely try to stay somewhere else until he is recovered. And KEEP HIM QUARANTINED. I know, that sounds mean. But it's for your, and other peoples, health reasons.http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/bacterial_viral/chicken_pox.html#Basically, stay FARRRR away from him, and make no contact with things he has touched even.