BleepBlopEeepOp

Also what vaccine caused a scar on your arm? My family and I are debating about this and they think the chicken pox vaccine was given in the 40's.

aNne

The chickenpox (varicella) vaccine was licensed for use in Japan and Korea in 1988 and in the United States in 1995.

ToriElena

the vaccination that causes the scar on your arm is for small pox not chicken pox....small pox vaccinations are not offered anymore...not sure when they stopped doing it but its been awhile. basically all the baby boomer generation is vaccinated against small pox but not their kids. reason is because the disease (which was very fatal to kids back in the day) has been eradicated in the u.s.a.....still exists in 3rd world countries, thats why our military personnel still gets vaccinated.

PEBBLES

since 1992..i know because i'm a nurse, and was working for a doctor when it first came out......1992..

amandarez73

Chickenpox vaccine was first given in 1995.the scar is from the SMALLpox vaccine -- small pox (unlike what one of the other posters said) is now COMPLETELY irradicated in the world. The only smallpox that exists now is contained in govt' research facilities. Vaccinations for the general public was stopped in the early 1970s (I think about 1972-3) but the military did continuing to get vaccinated for another dozen years or so.