Why does it take 90 minutes for my oven to cook a frozen pizza?

Mr C

I put it on 480 F and it takes 90 minutes to cook a pizza. What part seems bad? Or what might need to be replaced? Any troubleshooting tips?Its Gas. How do i check if my "element" is working.

Granny

Your oven isn't working. Your thermostat needs to be replaced OR reset. If the oven is gas, the gas company "may" come to reset the temperature. (They used to, not sure if they still do.)

Fall

Check to make sure the elements work. They should be glowing when the oven is heating up. Other than that, it is probably the thermostat. I'm sure they are very easy and cheap to replace. You'll probably have to take it to an appliance repair place.

Claire

Is it gas or electric? What's wrong would depend on which type it is. Could be the heating element if it's electric.Do you have an oven thermometer? You can stick one in there to see how hot it's really getting.

Granny

You can call the Gas Co. and they will come check your stove and oven for free. It sounds like it is not getting to the temp you are setting for. Unless you are at a high elevation then check the cooking time for that, it will make a difference.

nutsfornouveau

I suspect that your thermostat has gone bad, and will needto be replaced, if it is cost effective to do so. Of course youknow that you put the oven on 450, and leave it empty for10 minutes. The pizza is supposed to go into a preheatedoven.

HVAC

DIYERS DONT ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS Your goingto kill someoneCall an appliance tech in, thats it theres nothing at ALL that you as a homeowner can check. Hundred of thousands of times the HSI can glow and still not be good and only a pro like us can tell NOT DIYers.