Prep: 15 minutes
Total: 15 minutes
* 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
* 1/2 cup heavy cream
* 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
* 8 apricots (about 1 pound), halved and pitted
* 4 teaspoons light-brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
* 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
1. Heat broiler to high, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Squeeze juice from grated ginger into a large bowl (you should get about 1 teaspoon juice); discard pulp. Add cream and granulated sugar. Whip until soft peaks form; refrigerate.
2. Place apricots, cut side up, on a rimmed baking sheet. Dividing evenly, top with brown sugar, butter, and cardamom. Broil until apricots just begin to char, 2 to 5 minutes. Top apricots with whipped cream, and serve immediately.